Friday, December 30, 2011

Regalong Pang-New Year

      Wishing something for yourself does not come with a tag price. Since it is free, our minds enjoy the liberty to think of something that we want for ourselves. I asked my friends, colleagues, followers of this blog, and former students as to what they want for themselves for the coming new year. I emphasized though, that it has to be something material or tangible. As such, it must be something that will delight our senses. Forget about world peace for a while, unless you are a mericlone of Ms. Shamcey Supsup. “Hope and peace” said a respondent. I immediately texted her “hindi ka naman sasali sa Miss Universe.”

        Majority of my respondents texted me back immediately. It only shows that they are really eyeing something and are dead set on getting it. For the others, it took them some while to respond to my query. Maybe they really thought hard about it. Or maybe they cannot decide immediately since they have a mile-long list of what they want for themselves. “Dami ko kasi gusto e,” a respondent said. As we dwell on things that we want for the coming year, let us not forget to include in our intentions all the families displaced by a recent typhoon, that they will be able to rebuild their lives soon. Happy New Year!
"Ang material na bagay na gusto ko this new year ay novels ni Sydney Sheldon or ni Robin Cook. Puwede din kay Paulo Coelho. Why? Kasi nakakarelax magbasa ng mga ganun."
-Ana Rebecca Ensomo, BS MedTech

Kaya pala madaling araw ka na magtext. Mornyt! - JTFS

"For me, I would like to have a red ipod nano watch. Because I love music. It's handy, stylish, and it's cute."
- Regine Requiestas, BS Nursing 2011

Javes may idea ka na what to give to Redge. - JTFS 

"Siguro a Tag Heuer watch. We have to be conscious of time. At the same time, jewelry din siya."
- Jonas David, CAS Faculty, Research Associate

Dual purpose! Pahiram ako ha. - JTFS
"iphone 4s na white. Mapapasakin ka din kasi ang gandaaa! Ang ganda ng features and naghahanap na ng kapalit ang cel ko."  
- Abby Carabido, BS Psychology

Do not talk to strangers.......and objects. - Dr. Cruz
 
"New iphone 4s. Wala lang kasi pag meron ka nito "in" ka! Hahaha! At gusto ko pink para girlash."
- Emily Santos, DSA Coordinator, WCC Antipolo

Parang alam ko na saan mo iteterno yan Marikit! - JTFS

"Siguro Sir iphone 4s. Kasi for the longest time yung phone na ginagamit ko pang call and text lang. Walang camera, hindi puwedeng mag music, walang kahit ano. Siguro naman I deserve to have one na. Gusto ko na may camera parang lahat ng memorable moments na ca-capture."
- Maureen Vestil, BS Nursing 2011

Tama na Mau, naiiyak na ako. - JTFS

"White iphone 4s if it's reachable. It is the ultimate phone as of the moment. If it's an ultimate dream a lamborghini will do just fine."
- Archie Zapanta, RN, 2011 Outstanding Events Host, radio anchor - Radyo Singko 92.3 News FM

Do not drive and text at the same time ha? - JTFS
"Gusto ko Samsung Galaxy Y. Affordable siya na touch-screen. Para sabay din sa uso."
- Precie Tapero, Filipino Faculty

Pa-touch ako ha. - JTFS

"Large print bible. Nahihirapan na ako magbasa nun ordinary print eh. Sobrang liit."
- Gin Planes, DMD, RN

You forgot.......magnifying glass pa. - JTFS

"Cookbook 'coz I want to improve my very simple cooking skills."
- Emy Abayan, English Professor, Polytechnic University of the Philippines

Patikim nga.......ng luto mo. - JTFS

"Kitchen wares! Kahit ano na puwede magamit sa kitchen para every time na makikita or magagamit ko yun maaalala ko nagbigay sakin nun. At naging parte sila ng buhay ko."
- Malue Balmores-Diesta, Grade School Teacher

Ok. Padala ko dyan food processor ha para maalala mo ako pag ginamit mo. Hindi sandok! - JTFS

"Bagay? Ipad2. Luma na kasi yun laptop ko."
- Marvin Costales, HRM Department Chair, Arellano University

Hindi, hayup. Anung hayup ang.......Hehehe. - JTFS

"Ipad. Or Samsung Galaxy Tab. Any PC tab na may e-book feature. May textbooks kasi in PT na naka e-book format na."
- Mark Regino, PT student

Sosyalan talaga mga P.T. - JTFS

"Netbook po na Acer na blue with hello kitty. Para po wala ako kaagaw sa desktop kapag po gumagawa ako ng mga important files sa school."
- Zheidi Leonor, BS Medical Technology

Agawan base.......desktop pala. - JTFS

"The only material thing that I want for myself is to win the lottery. It could get me a nice home for my family, good education for my child, and practically unlimited goodwill to others who are in need. But I am not relying on this of course. We are still the captain of our own ship."
- Tim de Leon, BS Psychology 2011

Tim, balato ha! - JTFS

"Motherhood changed my priorities in life. This new year, I wouldn't add things to my own wish list but rather, I would include my son's. Funny this might sound but for new year, I want milk and diaper supplies to last 'till the end of 2012."
- Cathy Coles-Soriano, PT Faculty

And you are the new Mrs. Universe! I thought another baby hehe. - JTFS

"Gusto ko violet na Gypsy Rose bass guitar. Para may sarili akong bass guitar at hindi ako nanghihiram sa kapatid ko."
- Fran Paz-Pavino, RN, Marketing Associate

Tugtugan na! Tugs tugs tugs. - JTFS

"A wallet, to be specific Louis Vuitton money fold. Hehe. Just in case. I've been using money clip for years and it's hard to get track of your cash, organize pics, etc."
- Oscar Tetangco, RT, Board 8th Placer (November 2011)

Hmmmp! Hermes pa naman nabili ko. - JTFS

After giving it much thought, I have my top pick.......A heavy punching bag! It has a dual purpose: I can use it to stay fit (vanity LOL), and I can release any negative energy or emotions I have at the moment. Win-win.
- Hermann Weber, RN, model

Tama na! Ayoko na! Chakit eh. - Punching Bag

"Of course I want my license. But since you're asking for a material thing, I want to have my own car. Hahaha. Pink na Honda Jazz. So I can easily go to different places."
- Daphne Vestil, BSN 2011

Ok daanan mo ako ha, since you pass by our subdvision hehe. - JTFS

"I want a car, hassle kasi mag commute. Yun lang masaya na ako. Yun nga graduation gift na gusto ko eh. Red na Honda Civic."
- Jezalin Nadonza, BS Pharmacy

Paging Mr. and Mrs. Nadonza! Grad gift daw ni Jez. - JTFS

"Ang dream ko...Land Rover Defender na automatic transmission na diesel. For me, though expensive, it's a practical vehicle to use in the PHL, with sudden floods and a lot of potholes, and when used on underdeveloped roads in the provinces. and it's a Rover."
- William Estaño, Licensed Pilot and School Principal

Ang gara! Eroplano na lang kaya? Whatcha think? - JTFS

"Super Grandia na white and big bike Ducati. Dream namin yun for this coming year."
- Riza Bayola, BSN 2011

Pahiram ha. Pag sira Roadtrek ko hehehe. - JTFS
------------------------------------------------------

Happy New Year Everyone!

5 comments:

  1. Hahaha nice :) GBY Sir Tristan.. More Blogs pls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year everyone! all of our wishes will come true! YES!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing wrong to aspire for the finer things in life. Libre mag-isip, at mangarap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. thats nice to know about what other wish to have this new year.i hope all your wishes come true .
    Happy new year to all of you and special happy new to my lovely professor,sir solivar.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Like ko yung kay Mam Emily! Ang cute! And kay Sir William - Land Rover ang sakto sa province namin! Astig! More blogs!

    ReplyDelete