Sunday, April 24, 2011

Harapin mo.......Face to Face! (by JTF Solivar)


        First we had telenovelas. Followed by teleseryes. Then fantaseryes. The list goes on. Now we have Face to Face on TV 5, a talakserye. This show has definitely changed the TV viewing landscape, for it showcases real-life drama, and raw emotions at their best.


        This show obviously is an offshoot of a famous show on American TV. A localized version in other words. Nevertheless, this show is the first of its kind in our country. GMA 7 recently launched a show with a similar format. But unfortunately, it is yet to give Face to Face a stiff competition. Nothing beats the first as they say.

  
        I find this show interesting since it gives us a glimpse into the life of the common tao - their problems, tribulations, and how they solve such. The show features all sorts of human relationships and conflicts involved. It mirrors what is actually happening in reality. But only a part of reality since all the guests come from only one social class: the masa.


        My challenge for this show is to guest people from the upper crusts of the society since I am sure they have interesting issues as well. Perhaps even more trivial and interesting! Why not guest matrons from exclusive villages? Will they slap faces with their Hermes bags? Will they hit each other with their Jimmy Choos?


        Ms. Amy Perez I must say is an excellent host and moderator. And a good listener too. She always looks very relaxed and composed, despite chairs flying in front of her.
         
        Kaya makisawsaw na tayo lahat. Sa pula o sa puti? Harapin mo, Face to Face!


6 comments:

  1. I'm not a fan of Face to Face, but when I read this blog, I always find time to watch the show. Ngayon, inaabangan ko na talaga sa TV5! He!He! Nakakaloka nga, Ms. Amy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hayaan mo Miss Jude. I-guest ko kayong dalawa ni.......!

    ReplyDelete
  3. For me I dont like the idea that people are flaunting their personal problems and issues on tv. I think there is a proper and fitting venue to talk about private issues. Yes, I must agree that we get a good glimpse on what is happening in their lives BUT then, I dont see the point why they have to do that on tv... maybe they are paid or they are just plain masochists.

    ReplyDelete
  4. in short dean, di ko type ang face to face but I like your challenge... siguro kapag mga nasa alta sosyedad ang mga nandun manunuod na ko! lol!

    ReplyDelete