Sunday, January 1, 2012

My New Year Anthem

Mariah Carey & Bone Thugs N Harmony
         Yesterday morning,  31st of December, I thought of revisiting a song entitled BREAKDOWN, a collaboration of Mariah Carey and Bone Thugs N Harmony. No special reason whatsoever, except for the fact that I missed its nice beat. When I was glued to that song before, I did not even bother to know the lyrics. The nice beat was enough to delight my ear palates. To cut the story short, I searched for it on YouTube and stumbled upon a “video” complete with lyrics. So it’s about “breaking down”, alright. Little did I know that it will be my anthem for the new year! The lines of a part of it are exactly the thoughts running through my mind since yesterday afternoon:

Well I guess I’m tryin’ to be,
Nonchalant about it.
And I’m going to extremes
To prove I’m fine without you.
But in reality I’m slowly losing my mind,
Underneath the ‘guise of smile,
Gradually dying inside. 

This song nailed it! I dedicate this song to you sappy souls out there.


Break.......Breakdown.......   :-)

1 comment: