Friday, October 21, 2011

All They Want For Christmas.......

         Christmas for me is a time of sharing.  A time to gather every reason to be generous to others, most especially to those who are dear to us. I associate Christmas with the idea of gift giving. Who doesn’t? The sight of a gift makes our eyes sparkle, and be curious as to what could be inside it. It gives us a certain excitement, which stirs up the child in us. We love gifts, don’t we? 






"Ako, I want my own house. Sana manalo ako sa lotto."
          
          - JIGS RODRIGUEZ-CALLO






        I love giving presents, something that I must have vicariously inherited from my parents. When they were still active in government service, they never failed to give a little something to every person whom they know during Christmas. There was a time, that even the garbage collectors in our community would receive something from us. And they were not generic gifts, mind you. Mom and Dad saw to it that each gift to be given away matched the character and preference of the recipient. Each gift must be in a box (if necessary), so that by the time it is opened, it is still in its mint condition. 




"I would like a trampoline. It's a simple device that does not need batteries. It offers exercise and fun for the family."

          - FERDINAND BRAID




        Our kasambahays would do the wrapping of each gift. But soon, when I learned how to wrap some, I took from them that task because I was not quite satisfied with how they did the wrapping. I wanted each gift to be neatly wrapped. I also made sure that the name of the recipient and that of my parents were neatly written on each tag. I am that compulsive, even up to this day. Before I forget, I also make sure that the gift tag matches the wrapper! This is not to say though that we did not distribute generic gifts. For our neighbors, it is usually fruitcake or pineapple pie. 



"Travel! Wanderlust is deeply rooted in me. I'd like to go to Maldives or Spain. Not necessarily to travel in December but to get air tickets for next year."

          - HONEY GEE CRUZADA-CARR




        It is Christmas season once again. I use this as a valid excuse to go to malls and bazaars to do some window shopping, and buy gifts for people who matter to me. I guess giving away gifts is my language of love, since I am not really the expressive and demonstrative type of creature. A gift need not be expensive. It is the thought that counts, most especially when you are on a tight budget! Christmas is also the time to justify our being somewhat materialistic, by way of giving and receiving presents. We usually perceive of gifts as something material and tangible, right? Forget about world peace for a while. Save it for the next Miss Universe contest. 



"Long sleeves na white. It will be very useful for me kasi, especially when I conduct career talks. White long sleeves is my official uniform. Hello to all my fans at WCC Caloocan!"

          - ALVIN GONZALES








"Philip Stein watch! I want to make it a challenge na mapag-ipunan ko siya."

          - KIT GERARDO






  So what gift would you want to receive this Christmas?

2 comments:

  1. spend time with my (selected) blockmates this Christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. XDXD
    i want to be with my family and friends,,,

    ReplyDelete