Sunday, January 25, 2015

Trudis and Her Four Babies: A Tragedy





A younger Trudis - from the Facebook page of Ms. Jhen Bergonia






After Tyler, here is another case of canine casualty at the hands this time of a veterinarian. 

Here is the story of Trudis, a beautiful cream-colored Chow Chow and the four babies inside her womb, lifted from the Facebook page of Ms. Jhen Bergonia, one of Trudis' humans:


Trudis, my beloved furry baby passed away this morning. She was having her labor when suddenly she lied down with a heavy breathing and stopped moving. My brother rushed her to the nearest vet in our place and they arrived there around 3:00 am. Upon arrival at the vet's clinic, my brother informed the vet that my dog is pregnant and was having a hard time laboring. She is still conscious that time. However, the vet concluded that my dog was not pregnant but was suffering from a food poison since some symptoms were visible like vomiting, bloatedness of tummy and seizures. The vet immediately injected an "anti poison" drug without making further examination first and was very firm with his conclusion that my dog was not pregnant and there were no pregnancy signs at all..

After few minutes of injecting the "anti poison" drug my dog slowly stopped breathing and passed away.

Doc Doods findings were the following:

1. She might be bitten by a snake - which is really impossible as she stays inside my brother's bedroom.

2. She was suffering from a food poison that caused her vomiting and seizures.

3. She was suffering from a liver rupture which we are not aware of until it became a serious case that took her life away. He even concluded that her liver bursted and that was the reason her tummy was bloated.

We paid Php 1,050 for his services and my brother went home with a lifeless family member. My heart is totally torn into pieces with grief, confusion and disbelief.

His clinic name? Doc Doods Animal Clinic, located at Anabu, Imus, Cavite, just across SM hypermarket.

I asked my brother to wait for Animal House to open located at Alabang and bring Trudis there for an autopsy and ultrasound as I could not really believe with Doc Doods conclusion and I was very certain that my dog was pregnant. Animal House is the clinic where we usually bring our dogs for serious cases especially if they are sick, unfortunately their operating hours are only from  9:00 am to 10:00 pm. We waited ‘til 9:00 in the morning, my brother and uncle brought Trudis there for an ultrasound, autopsy and cremation.

At first they got rejected as they do not accept a lifeless dog for an ultrasound and also due to health and safety concerns for other dogs there. My brother pleaded the vet, Dra Ara., and have told her our sad story.

Dra. Ara agreed to conduct an X-ray instead of an ultrasound for Trudis before cremating her and to once and for all give us peace of mind and thanks to this vet, really.

The X-ray result... my beloved baby was really pregnant with four wonderful puppies inside her tummy and as per Animal house the first vet who examined her (Doc Doods) could or might have saved her life and her four puppies by performing a cesarean operation. Situation has gotten worse when Doc Doods injected the "anti poison" drug to her which caused complication and that was one of the main reasons she didn't survive and shortly after that, she died.

Imagine injecting anti poison drug to four wonderful puppies?

Until now I don't understand how Doc Doods came up with his food poisoning conclusion and insisted that was really the cause.
I'm sorry to ask, but are you really a veterinarian?


You are supposed to save her life.. we ran to you with high hopes.. and this is what we get?

His real name is Doctor Leonardo I. Esteleydes

Family, friends and fellow dog owners.. I need your help on how to sue this vet and what are the steps that I need to take as this is negligence on his part.

Kindly PM me, I will appreciate your help and advise.


~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 


May you rest in peace Trudis, and your four babies...

No comments:

Post a Comment