Thursday, December 22, 2016

You Don't Love Your Filipino Fans Mr. James Taylor




This one will be a brief article, and so I will go straight to the point: James Taylor does not love his Filipino fans.

I was watching the news last night and chanced upon something about the American singer – he has cancelled his upcoming concert here in Manila over cases of alleged extrajudicial killings arising from the government’s war against drugs.

Obviously, the issue does not sit well with Mr. Taylor, and he is making it known by cancelling his concert scheduled on February next year.

Though assurance has been made that payments for tickets will be duly refunded, Mr. Taylor has already disappointed his Filipino fans in my own estimate (who wouldn’t be?).

If Taylor truly loves his fans here, then he will push through with the concert despite being at odds with the issue. After all, he will be performing before people who love his music, and not before President Duterte and his cohorts.

If I were Taylor, I will not allow my Filipino fans to become sacrificial lambs in making a protestation or creating a stand about an issue. After all, I will be coming to the Philippines as a musician or artist, and not as a political figure or a crusader of some sort.

I will set aside whatever ill feelings I have toward the government and will not allow such to thwart me from showing appreciation to my Filipino fans via a concert, for my fans and my concert have nothing to do with the issue.

Obviously, Taylor’s highly charged stance on the alleged extrajudicial killings has blurred his mind in the sense that he failed to treat his Manila concert with pure objectivity.

Why at the expense of your fans Mr. Taylor?

I am confident though, that his fans will be able to move on from this (are we talking of thousands here?), for there are better things to do and think of.






1 comment:

  1. He is making a stand. It's something beyond just being a fan. But he has real fans, they would understand.

    ReplyDelete