Sunday, November 8, 2015

Sam Smith and Adobo Connection







And the million dollar question is: what is the connection?

Several months back, a colleague and I had our lunch at Adobo Connection at Super Metro Anonas. As usual, I ordered my favorite adobo flakes meal. When we sat down, a very nice upbeat song was being played which caught the attention of my senses, my ears most especially, and it was my first time to hear such song.

I loved the song the instantly so I asked the friendly attendant if it was the radio they were playing. I then learned from her that it was a USB they were using. And so I requested her if she can get the title of the song (I had to know the song!).

She politely obliged by going to the counter where their sound equipment was stationed. Shortly after, the store manager approached our table and told me the title of the song – RESTART (how gracious of her!). I cannot remember exactly though, if she mentioned to me the artist behind the song.

And so on the evening, I “youtubed” the title and the result yielded RESTART by Sam Smith. I am quite familiar with the artist because before Restart, I used to like his other song - Disclosure.

From then on, I played it over and over again and became my favorite song for a while. And during our subsequent trips to Adobo Connection, I repeatedly heard Restart being played.

I contemplated on writing this article before, during those times that I would hear the song at the said food joint but simply never had the right motivation.

So what motivated me to finally write this piece? I chanced upon the song again last Friday (or Thursday?) while listening on my phone’s radio, and then suddenly remembered that I intended to write about the song before.

The timing was perfect since I was thinking of updating my blog and couldn’t think of a topic to write about.

So there you have it. Have you established the connection between the two?

The song though, has nothing to do with personal issues whatsoever if I may clarify. I simply love the cool and upbeat music - nothing more and nothing less.

Since what is there to RESTART, when nothing has began yet?








 

1 comment: