Monday, October 31, 2011

I K A W na !

I-K-A-W  N-A ! Is an expression that I have been hearing for a long time already. It is usually mentioned with much zest and flair. How this expression evolved remains a mystery to me, and sounds quite vague if I may add. What does it exactly mean? But despite this, I must confess that I have uttered this pa-uso expression a few times, much to my astonishment! I have asked some people what this expression means to them. Take your pick…….


"Ikaw na ang magaling! Tumpak ang sinasabi mo. It's an expression of indirectly saying oo na bida ka na, tumahimik ka na!"                                                                        - JUDE DANNANG (Medical Transcription Faculty)

                                                                        



                     
"A nice way of being sarcastic to someone, especially when he or she deserves bragging rights. Isang magalang na paraan para barahin ang isang mayabang na tao!"            - VAL FABREGAS (Computer Engineer)
"You are the best! But in a negative way. It is mostly used as a sarcastic remark, to stop some people who talk good things about themselves all the time!"             - JEZ NADONZA (Pharmacy Student)
"Ikaw na ang magaling! Uttered by a listener when he or she hears someone boasting."                                                                    - WILLIAM ESTAÑO (School Principal)
------- IKAW NA !!! -------

No comments:

Post a Comment