Monday, August 22, 2011

A Back To Back Tribute

        Whether we like it or not, our teachers become part of our lives. As time passes by we may forget the lessons they have taught us, but we do not forget them, most especially those who were nice and kind to us. What about the “terror” ones? Well, they are the most unforgettable because they taught us the value of discipline and how to behave well. Nice or not, like them or not, it is very hard not to remember them!

        Our teachers are our second parents. I mentioned in one blog entry that students spend more time with their teachers than with their parents. I bet you have never thought of this! They are our guardians inside the school. Teachers do not only teach us theories and formulas, but they teach us great lessons about life as well. It is already a given that our teachers are intelligent, but what we appreciate more is their wisdom.  Teachers create so much impact in our lives, to such an extent that many students would also want to become teachers themselves someday.
 

         
        What measures the success of a teacher? A student passing a major exam? A student graduating after four or five years?  Yes and yes. But what students have become after they have graduated, is what measures the real success of a teacher. After graduation, they are all on their own since their teachers are no longer by their side to teach and guide them. The real world is that which is beyond the four walls of a classroom. Some would even say that it is a jungle out there. Thus, either the graduates will survive or not. On hindsight, the bond between a teacher and his or her students does not diminish after graduation, for teachers are usually sought as character references by their former students in applying for a job. Who else knows us better?

        In my almost nine years of teaching, I know that I have already “produced” graduates who are successful in their respective fields and endeavors. It is a nice feeling to know that directly or indirectly, I am a part of their success (as well as all their other teachers). Like last 2009 when Dad was confined at the National Kidney Institute, two of the nurses who attended to him were WCC graduates, Kattleya Aumentado and Edgar Amago. Many of my students are also thriving well in foreign shores. How do I know? It is my office that answers verification documents that their employers send to our school and I am the official signatory in such documents!

        In connection to this and as a parting shot, I congratulate sincerely our students who have passed the Nursing Licensure Exam last July 2011. Your alma mater is proud of you! Special mentions are seven of them who joined this bog. Congratulations!




On the first thing they did after learning that they passed the board exam:

"I shouted out loud, then I browsed the site all over again just to make sure that my name is listed, coz in my mind it could be gone in a blink. I downloaded it and took a picture of it to have a copy. I admit I became OC that time. I thought it was a dream but was real."

                          - Suzette Bueno,RN


"I shouted WOOOOOOO and then I wanted to do flips and tumbles but refrained from doing so for fear of hurting myself. Plus my heart was beating so fast and hard that it felt like it wanted to get out of my chest and do some dancing of its own! I was teary eyed while thanking my Maker so much last night up until now. I still get chills whenever I remember it."

                          - Hermann Weber,RN


"You won't believe it. I was in the middle of an event at the Diamond Hotel along Roxas Boulevard, when Miles Magbanua gave me a call. I bursted into tears when she said congratulations Arch, RN ka na. Then the celebrant and people were wondering what happened to me. When I told them about the news, the celebrant gave me a hug. After the incident, happy hormones drowned my brain. The celebrant had a blast!"

                          - Archie Zapanta,RN

YOUR SUCCESS IS OUR SUCCESS TOO!

Congratulations also to Ms. Michelle L. Ballesteros!



photos by Sir Val Fabregas (Students' Choice Awards) 
and Mr. Javes Consul (board passers)

3 comments:

  1. my heartfull thanks to you sir tristan. thank you for being a part of this accomplishment, but also for being a mentor, friend, idol, and a good inspiration to us.

    Archie Zapanta RN

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uuuuuh! We should be rejoicing Arch! He he! Thanks pal! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sir Tristan..thank you very much!!!
    really missin' u sir!:p

    ReplyDelete