Monday, December 22, 2014

#TheirChristmasHashtag






Since I started blogging in 2011, it has been my tradition every month of December to ask people their thoughts about the holidays, and feature them in this humble blog.

For this year, I am veering away from the usual or commonly asked questions – such as those pertaining to Christmas wishes down to gifts that we would like to receive.

This time, I asked some individuals about their personal Christmas hashtag – an open ended one, which allows them to echo whatever sentiments they have in their minds and hearts in the form of yes, a hashtag

Consequently, I got a variety of interesting answers. And so, without further ado….. 


1. A simple hashtag but with a scholarly explanation: 

#Happiness


 "Christmas is basically about happiness. First, happiness results to gladness
of the heart and peace of mind. It is all about nourishing ourselves with
positive emotions at this time of the year. Second, happiness ignites the
spirit of Christmas, which prepares the heart for forgiveness at this very
opportune occasion of the year. And lastly, happiness translates to
remembering the birth of Christ, which is the real essence of this season.
Merry Christmas and God bless us all!" 

- Bryan Paolo Dimaculangan
 1st Year BS HRM
World Citi Colleges (QC)


2. A pair of candid hashtags:

 #SaMaPa
#GoodVibesin2015


"Since I am quite unlucky with my personal life this year, 
I chose the hashtag #SaMaPa, which is short for
Samahan ng Malalamig ang Pasko. But I believe
that there will be #GoodVibesin2015."

- Krizka Calderon
Flight Attendant, Qatar Airways


3. A friendly reminder: 

#SeasonOfGivingNotDemanding


"This is for those Moms out there who go into preemptive bids
of reminding Godparents of their children to give
money as gift. Nakakainis pag pinapangunahan
ang mga ninong at ninang."

- Prof. Matt Mopera
English Instructor, College of Arts and Sciences
World Citi Colleges (QC)


4. A funny one with a heartfelt explanation:

#xmasdandalovelovelove


 "The year 2014 has been good to me. I have risen above many trials, 
and have been blessed not just with material things, but with an abundance of love
from my family, my unico hijo, and my real friends, and good health.
My heart indeed, is full of LOVE LOVE LOVE, 
that's why the more I appreciate the beauty of life and God's love to us."

- Carlita Danda
Client Service Operation Manager
Wildcard Solutions Marketing Company


5. Something pure and white:

#whitechristmasigiveyoumyheart


"The love that I give is pure, that's why it's a white Christmas."

- Gabriel Gimena
 1st Year Level Representative, BS HRM
World Citi Colleges (QC)


6. Ni hao!

#ChristmasinCHINA


"Christmas is celebrated in many major cities in the world. Each has its own
impressive way of showing the Christmas spirit, from Christmas trees, 
to twinkling lights, to costumes, to Christmas songs. 
But for a traveler like me, the best gift for Christmas is the presence
of a happy family. I miss my family, and nothing beats the
Christmas spirit in the Philippines."

- Dyan Carla Superio
 Flight Attendant, Saudia Airlines


7. Only on Christmas:

#OnlyonChristmas



"Indeed, because there are a lot of things you do only on Christmas."

- Maw Planes of A-Team (PHL)
Champion, World Hip Hop Dance Championship 2014 
UP Pep Squad




#thankyouguys





FYI:
What is a hashtag?
It is either a word or an unspaced phrase prefixed with a hash (number sign), 
used as a tag in social media platforms, for the purpose of grouping similar posts.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment