Saturday, January 4, 2014

This Local Shoe Brand is an Epic Fail !





Last Christmas break, buying a new pair of formal shoes was the farthest thing from my mind. To begin with, I am not really into such stuff, or shoes in general. They are a necessity though, but I have not gone to the extent of hoarding many pairs. 


I rarely visit shoe stores or shoe sections when I go to a mall. The only time I buy a new one is when the current pair I am using has already seen its better days, and ready for retirement. Believe it or not, I am pretty satisfied with just owning a few decent pairs.


Of course, we want to buy something for ourselves last Christmas. So that when the new year comes, there is something “new” that we can show to the world. What is the so called 13th month pay for? But as I have said, buying a new pair of shoes did not cross my mind, until I accidentally saw something on my right shoe which prompted me to buy a new pair last Thursday.


As a starter, here is a bit of history. I bought a pair of shoes a couple of months back at shoe store in a mall near our place (my second time actually to purchase from that outlet). I cannot remember the exact month. But one thing is for sure - I bought it last semester (first). My rough estimate is that I must have bought it last September. So that pair of shoes I am referring to is still quite new. I won’t tell how much it cost me. But here’s a valuable clue – quite expensive for a local brand or locally manufactured shoes. I also bought it on sale, if I may add.






So what’s wrong? Here it is: the uppermost part of the outsole (please see the first pic above) on the “in” side of my right shoe near the heel revealed a small crack, much to my displeasure. And to make me even more displeased, several days later, I discovered a similar crack and a more prominent one on the “outer” side of the same shoe – on the uppermost part of the outer sole too, near the heel again (kindly refer to the pic below). I was taken aback since such discoveries would mean that I have to look for and buy a new pair of formal shoes. Otherwise, I will not have anything to wear when I go back to work. I still have another pair though (different brand), but I only use it occasionally.  






This whole thing would not have mattered to me if such shoes were bought at a cheap price. But as I have mentioned above, they are a bit pricey (even though I got them on sale). But the straw that broke the camel’s back so to speak, is the thought that they are still relatively new – not even a year old.


If you will visit the brand’s website, what will greet you immediately is the info that the local company is already on its 35th year. It must be a reputable company then, since if not, it would not have lasted that long.


I know that this is just an isolated case. The first pair that I got (of the same brand) lasted for about two years, that’s why I am really baffled why my second pair got worn out this soon (the right shoe in particular). I definitely did not get my money’s worth this time. And as a consumer, it is my right to complain.


Epic fail.




No comments:

Post a Comment