Monday, April 11, 2016

To Pan de Manila : WHERE'S THE CHEESE?



Can you find the cheese?



The first time that we tasted Pan de Manila’s cheese pesto pandesal was a few months back, when we had it as a pasalubong from my Aunt. I ate it for merienda and immediately took a liking for it because it tasted really good.

To exaggerate a bit, pandesal never tasted that good, what with the pesto and cheese inside it.

Such combination fitted to a “T” I must say, which led me to develop a craving for it – soft pandesal, pesto and cheese all rolled into one.

And so last Saturday, I had the chance to be near Pan de Manila’s branch situated at Crossings Quezon Avenue and bought several of those pandesal. I had it for merienda as usual and……..

Where’s the cheese? Why not as flavorsome as before?

This time, the pandesal lacked that cheesy kick which made me disappointed. Yes it still had cheese but the amount was very small unlike before, and was unceremoniously placed in one small portion or pocket of the bread along its edge (why not in the middle?).

I bought eight pieces and have already eaten several of those and the sentiment of my palate is still the same: WHERE’S THE CHEESE?

At this point, I can’t help but compare it to Kambal Pandesal’s pan de keso. In all of those occasions that we bought it, the consistency of the product never faltered – the amount of cheese and all.

You might criticize me for creating this mountain out of a molehill. But my point is that as consumers, we deserve nothing but what establishments or companies promise to deliver. In short, nothing but the best.

After all, we pay them good money.

I am sorry Pan de Manila but you were not able to live up to my expectation, considering the fact that you are supposed to be one of the more sophisticated panaderias in town.

I was shortchanged, unfortunately.






No comments:

Post a Comment