Saturday, February 2, 2013

WORK ON A SATURDAY.....



        I love reporting to work on a Saturday. Though such day is not part of my work schedule, there are instances wherein I have to work on an extra day most especially during the enrollment period, if there are deadlines to meet, upcoming accreditations, and other tasks that have to be accomplished. 

    Going to office on a Saturday relaxes me to some extent. I don’t have to wake up early, there is no traffic, and the ambiance in my office is somewhat peaceful.  I only have one staff member around which means that only one window is open (window 3). In other words, my office is not that busy on a Saturday, which allows me to concentrate on my work for that day. A peaceful and quiet surrounding can invigorate your mind and spirit in the middle of your work. Believe me.

       I also do not feel any pressure at all when I work on a Saturday. Hey, I am not supposed to be in office! Hence, nobody can make demands on me except myself. Moreover, my time is flexible. I can come and leave any time I want. Another nice part is thinking of what to have for lunch. Any Saturday spent in my office is my “cheat day”. Our ever reliable utility person already knows what I will ask him to buy – either a cheeseburger meal or a chicken mushroom pasta meal, always with extra salt since I want my fries to be salty for all time. Such goodies are gastronomical rewards for my self for working on a weekend.

      Reporting for work on a Saturday means going for that so called extra mile, sans the pressure and all the crazy distractions that I would normally encounter on a weekday. People in school are always quite surprised to see me in my office on a Saturday – something that does not surprise me anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment