Saturday, June 9, 2012

Selected Quotations from Paolo Coehlo




        I have known Paulo Coelho since the time that almost every book lover would mention his name and his works. Sadly though, I never got the chance to read not even one of his masterpieces since I am not really into fictional literature, save for Sidney Sheldon’s novels which I devoured literally and figuratively, back in high school.

      But a few days back, I stumbled upon a little book entitled Life, a collection of selected quotations from his novels, and was quite glued to it since the first time I opened it. Now I have a topic for my blog I told myself. So here are some quotations which I carefully selected from the book. I zeroed in on those that are not too long, not to mention that I was too lazy to read the long and winding ones! But seriously, with my selection of Coehlo’s quotes, I want to emphasize the thought that even a few words or phrases can really create an impact on our being.......



1. Only one thing makes a dream impossible:
the fear of failure.


2. All battles in life serve to teach us something,
even the battles we lose.


 3. Every moment of searching
is a moment of encounter.


 4. At every moment in our lives,
we all have one foot in a fairy tale
and the other in the abyss.


 5. The simple things are the most extraordinary things
and only the wise can see them.


 6. The strongest love
is the love that can demonstrate
its fragility.


 7. When you love,
things make even more sense.


8. Everything is allowed,
except interrupting a manifestation of love.


9. Anyone who loves must know
how to lose themselves
and find themselves again.


10. Life always waits for some crisis to occur
before revealing itself at its most brilliant.


11. Only those who find life find treasures.


12. The cup of suffering
is not the same size for everyone.


13. You do not drown simply by
plunging into the water:
you only drown if you
stay beneath the surface.


14. There are moments in life
when the only possible option
is to lose control.

15. When there is no turning back,
then we should concern ourselves
only with the best way of going forward.


16. Suffering,
if confronted without fear,
is the great passport to freedom.


17. The boat is safest when it is in port,
but that is not what boats were built for.


18. Your heart is where your treasure is,
and you must find your treasure
in order to make sense of everything.


19. When we postpone the harvest, the fruit rots,
but when we postpone our problems,
they keep on growing.


20. In order to live fully,
it is necessary to be in constant movement,
only then can each day
be different from the last.


21. The distance to the top of the mountain
is always greater than you think.
There is bound to come a moment
when what seemed close is still very far away.


Always read:
beyondtheclassroomjtfs.blogspot.com



-o0o-

1 comment: