Saturday, January 28, 2012

MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES!

In Thailand, it is AMAZING.

In Malaysia, it is TRULY ASIA.

How about in the Philippines? Well,  IT’S MORE FUN!



        IT’S MORE FUN IN THE PHILIPPINES is the new promotional catchphrase of the Department of Tourism. Just fresh out of the can, it has already earned praises, and its equal serving of criticisms. I guess there will always be two sides to a coin. But nevertheless, this new campaign by the DOT seems to be on its way to claiming victory, since many people have been coming up with their own version of it through various illustrations. This simply means that this new tag line to promote tourism in our country is becoming highly communicable. Everybody seems to catching up the “fever” generated by it.
  
        Why is it really more fun in the Philippines? I have asked some of my foreigner friends to answer this query. I personally believe that it is healthier to ask them, since their answers I assume will be honest and unbiased, as compared to if will ask my fellow Pinoys. We do not want prejudiced answers. Do we?
  
        So, let us start with…….

“I think it has something to do with the weather. People in tropical countries try to have fun to get rid of the heat.”
- Maryam Mehran Nezad, BS Rad Tech







 “Because no one here seems to worry too much about tomorrow. They have fun as if today is the last day of their life.”
- Omid Irankhah, BS Rad Tech, businessman











I think it is because people here are optimistic and hopeful. 
And I like the plants and oceans here, they are very beautiful.”
- "Cecilia" Yu, BS Pharmacy


"It’s more fun in the Philippines because this is where I met the woman of my dreams. And I mean it.”
- Tim Carr, Head of Property
  Australia and New Zealand 
  Banking (ANZ)





  
Mr. and Mrs Tim Carr (Honey Gee Cruzada) 



        Honestly, I never quite expected such kind of answers. I thought they will dish out something about our world famous tourist spots from Luzon to Mindanao. But their answers veered away from this ambit. They highlighted the nature of Filipinos, to arrive at the conclusion that it is more fun here. Filipinos have proven time and again, from one adversity to the next, that we are basically happy people. And our being happy extends to being optimistic and hopeful. I guess this basic nature of ours has carried us through the bad times, and has lifted us from our miseries.

        The selling point of this country, therefore, are the Filipinos themselves. Tayo.  

No comments:

Post a Comment