Sunday, November 24, 2013

The Calm Before the Storm: Their Pre-Yolanda Christmas Wish.....





         Christmas is just around the corner, as we always say whenever the month of December is fast approaching. The weeks leading to that merry season will see us setting up our Christmas tree and putting on all the trimmings, hanging colorful lanterns outside our homes, wrapping gifts for those people who matter to us, and planning our menu for the holidays (anymore activities?). 

        The most anticipated season of the year is capped by something that is very personal and intangible at the same time, and this is our Christmas wish. Allow me to officially ignite the spirit of the holidays in us by sharing with you the Christmas wish of some very interesting personalities. I have mistakenly asked one who does not celebrate Christmas due to his religion, but his year-ender wish deserves to be included nonetheless.

           Here are their wishes, and I hope that you can make your own too.......



 "Snow! And lots of love."
~ Max Collins, actress and model 




"That my Mom will live long enough for me to repay her with a good life."
~ Joseph Morong, reporter, GMA 7








"My Christmas wish is to have more opportunities to share the program I have, to kids and families who can benefit from what I do as a coach and instructor. To see the kids realize how great they really are at a very young age and grow greater from that point on."

 "Why wish for this? The best life lived is to be able to enrich others and point them in the right direction. The main reason why we have Christmas is Jesus Christ, God’s great gift to man so that we may live with Him for eternity, but while we are here on earth, He needs us to live great and amazing lives for His glory, and to see children realize the wealth of their potential that can help make a dent on the world we live in."
                                                             ~ Stauro Punongbayan
   CEO/CIO Coach and Kids Development Philippines, Inc. 
                                             www.facebook.com/coachandkidsinc





"Good health, happy life, more
blessings, happy love life, and...
world peace!"
~ Jacqueline Fariñas
   owner, Pretty Posh Salon









"Honestly, I want change in 
our political system."
~ Hadji Rieta,  reporter, GMA 7
                     









  "My Christmas wish is for our long overdue European trip to push through. Me and my husband love to travel but unfortunately, with the kind of work I have here in the Philippines, it’s hard for me to commit a worry-free, long-distance tour abroad. So as an effect, we get to travel to nearby Asian countries only. I know my wish will not happen this Christmas as December is the busiest month for a Wedding Makeup Artist like me but hopefully sometime next year, my Christmas wish will be granted – that I would be able to manage my schedule well allowing us to join a tour group to Europe and enjoy our trip."

~ Rea Pinpin, profesisonal makeup stylist
Dang, Danah, and Christian Bernardez
"When I was quite younger, I would usually have the typical Christmas wish list and I could practically spend most of the "ber" months trying to figure out what my list for the end of the year would include."

"Now, that I'm of age (well, getting married and having a child has really changed my life and my priorities), the material things just don't make it to my Christmas list anymore. I see the Yuletide season now in a different light - I see it through a MOTHER'S EYES.."

"So, since I was asked to share just ONE Christmas wish for the year, mine is really simple then - it won't take a space under the tree, it won't require any fancy gift-wrapping and won't cost any money at all. My wish /prayer is actually for those people I know who have been longing to have a CHILD to have one this year (or soon). Baby Jesus himself was born on Christmas day and what better way to give these people hope and joy by giving them the chance to nurture another life and enjoy the spirit of the season in the years to come more meaningfully with a child who will bind them more with love."

"This is my wish because the joy that my husband and I have been experiencing since we had our little girl cannot be measured or even equaled by any of the material things that we can get as a gift during the Christmas season. She is, and will always be, the best present for us and truly a beautiful wish come true...and I hope the same wish will be granted for another couple or all of the couples I know out there who long for a child or two. A blessed Christmas, everyone!"    :)

~ Dang De Sahagun-Bernardez
Marketing Manager, Z Career Edge Incorporated



Mr. and Mrs. Raffy Tima


"Not just this Christmas but my prayer for everyday: to stay happy with my family forever, that God will continue to bless me and Raffy with a beautiful and loving marriage and wonderful kids; that God will spare our nation (and the world) from calamities, harm, and danger."
~ Mariz Umali, reporter, GMA 7





"My Christmas wish is for my daughter 
to get well and kick off
the 'big C' out of her body.....
and of course good health for the rest
of my family."

           ~ Riza Ruen Bayola, mother, wife, RN




No comments:

Post a Comment