Saturday, June 29, 2013

Throwback Thursday.....





   Every Thursday, expect Facebook to be flooded with pictures of old. This online phenomenon is appropriately called “Throwback Thursday” (as if you don’t know!). When this day of the week arrives, I know that many of us are excited to log on to Facebook to check for such pictures. I don’t know the story behind this online ritual every Thursday. But if there is one thing that I know of, then that is the idea that we Filipinos love it to the hilt! This stems from the fact that we Filipinos are very sentimental beings (and are extremely fond of taking pictures if I may add).

   There is a certain nostalgia attached to old pictures. They bring back many memories, and more memories. Looking at them makes us take that proverbial trip down memory lane and try to revive and relive what happened in the past, most especially the happy and exciting ones. Looking at such pictures gives us that sense of history, and a quick glimpse at how far we have gone in our lives (or timeline?). Recently, a former student and two former colleagues posted a throwback picture that included yours truly. I got a bit nostalgic. And while writing this piece, I remember how simple my life then was. I was several pounds lighter too! I miss my life then (and my weight most importantly).

   This throwback thing excites me to a certain extent, for it gives me the excuse to upload and post old photos on Facebook and tag people on it. Before, I wanted to post old pictures, but what is the whole point in doing so since we are supposed to upload the recent ones as our way of updating our online mates as to the goings-on in our lives, right? So last night amidst heavy rains courtesy of Typhoon Gorio, I went through my hardbound photo albums and some pictures on my computer to look for nice pictures that I can share online. Pahuhuli ba ako? I am sure that they will bring forth a lot of nostalgia most especially for those who will be able to relate themselves to them.


Thus, I can’t wait for Thursday to drop by.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment