Saturday, September 10, 2011

R A i N



        I like it best when it is raining. When the sky is dark, and with thick, dark clouds perched on it. It gives me that unexplainable thrill and adrenaline rush. I like rain period, but not the Ondoy type though. Just the right amount of rainfall from drenched clouds hovering above us. Enough to cool the air. Enough to hydrate Mother Earth. Enough to make seeds sprout. Enough to make me feel nostalgic and sentimental. 

        My liking for gloomy weather arises perhaps, from my pessimistic disposition in life. Sunny weather dampens my mood a bit, but not all the time to correct your misconception of me. I really do not know why. Maybe because I want everything subdued. Or maybe because I am an Aquarian. In case you do not know yet, my zodiac sign is symbolized by a water bearer. Coincidence or not, I love water! I love looking at a beautifully set up aquarium. I like ponds with waterfalls. The sight of a swimming pool is irresistible to me. The sound of raindrops falling on our rooftop is melody to my sense of hearing. And I love to shower albeit I do it only once in a day. Do I drink eight glasses of water a day? Next question please.

        Call me an unconventional creature of some sort. I am most active and most creative at night. During the day, I feel indolent and lethargic. Perhaps, I was a nocturnal being in my past life. Choosing night over day, and rain over sunshine, make an eccentric person that I am. I simply hate conventions. If only they could be thrown out of the window! One time when it was Valentine’s Day, I wore black (or was it midnight blue?) when the others were wearing spirited colors. During a sports activity, I wore a long-sleeved shirt when everybody was wearing a simple T-shirt. The interior of our house is white, while my room is splashed with earth-toned colors. And now the piece de resistance: during a faculty meeting, everybody was dressed appropriately except me. I wore shorts, quite decently though lest I lose my job!

        But I know very well that it will not rain everyday. That's why whenever it rains, I try to savor this moment to the hilt. When I was a child, me and my neighborhood friends used to play under the rain. How I miss those days when we were innocent and carefree. Not very conscious of ourselves and others. Unlike now, when we all live a fishbowl existence. But it has water still! So I am loving it. So the sun is up again. For things to dry up, and allow us to pick up the pieces in our lives.

        If only rain could wash away my sorrows and take away my pains, then I wouldn't mind if it will rain everyday. 

Most especially when your love's comin' down like.......rain.

No comments:

Post a Comment