Saturday, July 16, 2011

A Million Miles Awaaaaaaay.......

   Ever since the time that I became too busy and preoccupied with work, I never had the chance to appreciate the beauty of things around me. But several weeks ago, I had the rare chance to do so. I stepped outside our humble abode, and consciously or unconsciously, lifted my cranky head towards the sky and saw the night sky flooded with stars, as if the sky was beaming at me. What a beautiful sight I thought! I was completely awed. 

   Looking at the sky makes one realize how vast the universe is, with the stars illuminating every corner of it. Here’s a trivia: the universe continues to expand. But I realized that one need not look at the sky in order to see the stars. Just close your eyes, take a deep relaxing breath, and work your way through your mind until you reach a corner in your mind. What did you see? Stars! Yes, a multitude of stars do exist somewhere in our mind. All we have to do is just think of them. What do they do? Simple, they give light to our dreams and fantasies.

A star could be anything that we wish to have.......

   The stars in our mind could also symbolize our dreams and aspirations, or the things that we want to have in life. They can range from something simple to something grand. They can be tangible like your dream house, a nice car, or travels abroad. They can also be intangible, such as success, love, or spiritual bliss. They can be anything that will make us happy and fulfilled. Such “stars” motivate us to do the best in everything that we do so that we can get hold of them, literally and figuratively.

The reachable star.......
  
   We can actually get ourselves near our “stars”. But we cannot have them all. Just like dining out buffet style, you cannot have every dish for your estomago can accommodate only up to a certain extent. One time, I was scouting for a nice pair of leather shoes at Traffic. There were several that caught my fancy but only purchased a pair. Well how many feet do I have? Besides, I did not have the moolah to get some more. We can get near our “stars”, but it does not mean that we can have them. I saw a nice watch some years ago at Rustan’s. I was able to try it on my wrist, and could have even licked it for all I care. Hey, it was a Bulgari! Sadly though, I went home empty handed for I could not afford it.

   People can be our “stars” as well. These are people that we want to be part of our lives. Have you gone anywhere near them? Paid them a visit? Sent them a message? If yes, then good for you! For those who have not, then try to reach for them since we only have one life to live. And life is too short if I may add. Are people reaching out to you? Then reach out to them too. Descend from your castle! In my several decades of existence, I can say that I have been near my “stars”. I cannot explain accurately why we were drawn to each other, in a world that’s full of strangers (yes, a Pomeranz line). Perhaps, the planets aligned themselves to give way to that magical collision. Oooooh! Sadly though, some of them lost their brilliance, and simply faded away.......

So close, yet so far away.......

        We can be near our “stars” but at the same time feel that they are a million miles away. How ironic, isn't it? Like that Bulgari watch, the more that my skin felt it, the more that I realized that I could not have it. I have also experienced a number of times that the more I become close to people and vice versa, the more that I feel that they are very distant. Why? Because I know that I cannot have and keep them. But nonetheless, I am thankful for the light they have shown me, and the good times we have shared together. As I have said in one post, there are things that are not meant to be (please search this blog for a related post).

The unreachable star.......

   I guess stars were created to be unreachable. That’s why they are high up in the sky hovering above us. What do we do with them? Nothing my dear! Just leave them where they are. What about the unreachable stars in our minds? Nothing too! Just leave them in that corner of your mind. They are better off there, so that when you close your eyes, you have something to dream about.......

 

But do not despair. Stars do fall from the sky. 

Catch me.......




      

No comments:

Post a Comment