Monday, May 13, 2013

SALTED CREAM






        I am not fond of milk, and I am not fond of tea as well. So put them together, and it will spell disaster as far as my taste buds are concerned. But out of curiosity since everybody seems to be all agog over milk tea, I got a bottled one from a convenience store many moons ago. As expected, it did not rhyme with my taste. Since then, I did not dare drink milk tea, no matter how tempting it is to get one, what with the different milk tea outlets that have mushroomed left and right.

        Last March however, my taste buds had a change of heart. How did it happen? During a seminar, a generous colleague shared with us a large size of milk tea that a student gave to her. And much to my amusement, I liked the taste! It has to be that particular flavor though. Unfortunately, my colleague did not have any idea whatsoever as to its flavor. So through my connections, I was able to get to the student and got to know the amazing flavor of that milk tea: SALTED CREAM.

        Since then, I have been ordering this variant, and the trick to fully appreciate its flavor is to shake it quite vigorously so that the cream on top will melt and find its way to the rest of the milk tea. My only reservation towards this drink though, is its price – a little too expensive. The large one will cost you close to a hundred bucks, which is enough to buy you a decent rice meal at a fast food joint. But it is not every day that we lap up milk tea, right?

        So to conclude, I love milk tea, but only if it is salted cream. I so love this flavor, to the moon and back.


No comments:

Post a Comment