Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Ms. Abbygale Monderin

     


        Not so long ago, I encouraged a pretty and statuesque HRM student to join our school’s Lakan at Lakambini ng Buwan ng Wika. After our class, I called her and asked her to join.  In a very straightforward yet respectful manner, she told me that her mother would prefer a bigger pageant for her to compete in. So it was a NO! Honestly, I was quite stunned with her reply. But looking back, it did not affect me at all since she must have disarmed me with her charming demeanor and beautiful smile. So her Mom was picky and will not just settle for any beauty title for her daughter, huh? Fast forward to year 2012, I invited her again to the same contest and she did not think twice in answering in the affirmative. She participated in the event not as a contestant though, but as a judge, with a major beauty title already up her sleeves…….


Official photos for Mutya ng Pilipinas and Mr. and Ms. Ecotourism


        This girl has proven many times that her competence, poise, and beauty are indeed for the big and grand stage. The year 2011 most probably was her busiest since she competed in both Mr. and Miss Ecotourism (previously known as Mossimo Bikini Summit) and Mutya ng Pilipinas held in June and December respectively. She has proven all the more that she can conquer greater heights when she qualified for Bb. Pilipinas this year. As we all know, the aforesaid pageant is the mother of all pageants in our country. Our Vice President became very excited when I broke the news to him that this girl made it to the official list of candidates for Bb. Pilipinas 2013, together with another student of ours, Ms. Pauline Quintas (second year Tourism student). So our VP took a copy of the official photos of the two girls that I downloaded and printed, and brought those to our President. Our President was thrilled as relayed to us by our VP. A school having two representatives to the biggest pageant in the land is quite an achievement, right? On the day of the pageant itself and the days leading to it, World Citi Colleges rallied behind them. A tarpaulin was made showing the school’s support, of which a copy was even shared and liked on Facebook many times.


Binibini No. 8


        Her biggest triumph, however, was at Miss Bikini Philippines last year where she bested twenty three other contestants to win the coveted title. She also bagged the Miss Photogenic and Best in Long Gown awards en route to her Miss Bikini Philippines 2012 title. Slimmers World International is the organization behind such pageant, and she represented Slimmers World Pasig. The pageant was staged at the PICC Plenary Hall on April 27, 2012, almost two weeks after our school’s 40th Commencement Exercises, where she graduated with a degree in BS Hotel and Restaurant Management, with an Academic Distinction Award to boot. So she is a total package you might say - face, body, and brains. We had no inkling whatsoever that she has joined the pageant until her mother came to school to arrange her daughter’s requirements for graduation, and through her, we learned that she has joined the pageant.

  
Miss Bikini Philippines 2012


       So who is this beautiful lady I am talking about? She is none other than Ms. Abbygale Monderin. We reconnected just recently, and let me end this write-up by sharing with you a few interesting facts about her:

On why she joined beauty contests…..

“I joined beauty contests because this is my childhood dream and my way of making a difference by setting a good example for younger people to look up to.”

On how she defines beauty.....

“I define beauty as being your own unique self, and the beauty of your heart reflects the true beauty of who you are and it will shine everywhere you go.”

On what she likes to eat.....

“I like to eat sweets, most especially CHOCOLATES!”

On when she is happy.....

I am happy when I am eating my favorite cake – brazo de mercedes. I really love sweets!

On the last time that she cried.....

“The last time was when I sprained my left foot and the doctor told me kailangan simentuhan yan hija.”

On where she finds inspiration.....

“I find inspiration in the word of God, the Bible.”

On why she took up HRM.....

“HRM is my second choice. My first choice actually is Dentistry but since I don’t want to study for five years, I took up HRM.”

On her greatest regret so far.....

“None!”

On what she is currently busy with.....

“I am currently busy taping scenes for Be Careful With My Heart as a senior flight attendant and Maya’s friend at the same time.”


Abby with Jodi Sta. Maria

Abby with Richard Yap


On her advice for those who aspire to become a beauty queen.....

"Not every woman is given what it takes to join beauty pageants. So if you believe that you have the physical attributes, character, and intelligence, then make the most out of them and just do your very best!"





Good Luck Abby !




1 comment: