Monday, December 31, 2012

New Year, New Me!

          
        The year 2013 is just around the corner - safely tucked. In a matter of hours, the sky will be ablaze with fireworks welcoming the new year. Alongside the celebration is a deep reflection of what and who we want to be in the coming year. As a farewell post to the year 2012, I have thought of asking people as to what they will change in themselves this 2013. I will just keep this introduction short, and let their responses do the talking. A "new me" this new year? Read on!





My concern is my physical well-being. I want to become healthier this 2013. No more trips to the hospital, and no more medicines. I want to rid myself of my ailments!

~ Yawsha Dumlao (Philippines)









 
 

My uptight and snobbish personality, especially to those whom I'm not close to. People tend to label me that way and it's not very social friendly... I'm really outgoing but at the same time shy to new peepz.

Mailalagay ba ako sa blog mo Sir hehehe!

~ Jean Paula Nadonga (Champaign, Illinois)






Very simple: I want to quit smoking! Period.

~ El-el Iglesia (Philippines)












My last year's New Year's resolution was to wait for any sale before I shop. Most probably for this year, I will not go to every sale that I will chance upon.

~ Christine Nicole Arcangel (Philippines)









I will change my lifestyle this 2013 from being a bum for over the past years, and Me into a productive one this 2013. Why, because I'm getting old and I want to become what I need to be and not by remaining what I am right now.

~ Vladimir Salum (Philippines)









I've spent most of 2012 doing things for other people and I plan to give time for myself this coming 2013. I'm gonna do this because I don't think I'd be able to change anything if I won't devote time for myself first.

~ Ailyn Ono (Philippines)






Siguro po I will stop being a workaholic. I've been too preoccupied with work that I have forgotten to relax and take care of my health, as well as spend quality time with family and friends. Yes there are a lot of benefits for being a workaholic, but I realized they are all temporary.

~ LA Andres (Seattle, Washington)








I want to start eating healthy foods and lose some weight! Other than that, I feel so perfectly good about myself. I have a very happy life, so I guess, this 2013, I’ll just be the same me as everrrrr!

~ Charrizza Ann Pen (Philippines)












I'll lessen my smoking habits and bring back the good ol' BOJI style of exercising. I'll also try to rediscover my passion for PT. Good enough sir?

~ Boji Veranga (Philippines)









Outlook sa buhay, I want to be as optimistic as I can, and stop at nothing lalo na sa regrets. Nakakabilib kasi yung mga taong binagsakan na ng katakot takot na negativity sa buhay and yet they see life full of optimism na para bang they have accepted life's purpose for them and they are contented with their life despite having little.

~ Chello Medina (Philippines)




Shempre, I want to try and change my eating habits and go on a diet! Every year naman ganun eh! Hahaha! :) But I would like a follow through this coming year! :) Sana lang! :)

~ Stephen Janssen Ongkingco   (Philippines)







 



I will change one of my unpleasant traits and that is being weak emotionally. This 2013, I promise that I will be strong enough to face all the trials in my life and I won’t be that sensitive anymore. Coz it’s time to face the reality that now I am getting old and it’s time to think of what's the best for me.

~ Marge Sumayang (Philippines)



There’s only one thing that I want to change in myself this 2013 and that is to bring back may Greek-god like body because they don’t know how it feels like when someone tells you that you’re getting bigger.

Woo hirap mag isip Sir!

~ AJ Amawan (Philippines)



For 2013, I'll try not to be "burara" or messy with things. I'm gonna fix my bed every morning, fix my things, and everything else inside my room. LOL! 

Grabe Sir ha wala pa talaga ako new year's resolution nakagawa tuloy ako bigla haha!

~ Jojima Feliciano (Philippines)






 

Sir dalawa po. Una syempre po gusto ko ibalik ang mala-Sam Pinto na katawan ko! Totoo ‘to Sir hindi ‘to joke, hehe.  ‘Di ba sabi nga love yourself and you are what you eat. So I'll eat healthy foods na on 2013. Then yung pangalawa  Sir is spiritual. I wanna be more spiritually mature and closer to God kasi I want God to be the center of my life now. Not because I'm a Born Again Christian but because that's what God and the bible say.

~ Manilyn Urbino (Philippines)








This question has become a tradition for all of us to ask ourselves when a new year is about to come. My answer is "nothing." A radical or a small change is not necessary everytime we change our calendar. Some people end up frustrated for not being able to fulfill their so called new year's resolution. So why give pressure to thyself? Love yourself for who you are because people around you will love you even more with all your imperfections. So, I wouldn't be changing anything this year and the following years to come. 
Happy New Year Sir Tristan!

~ Mark Lindo (Como, Italy)





This 2013, there is just one thing that I want to change in myself and that is to become optimistic. Honestly, I am a pessimist kind of person, but now, I'm going to change it to see the brighter side of things and to experience more positive events in my life, find myself less stressed, and even enjoy greater health benefits. As the saying goes, everything happens for a reason. I want to find the good in every situation, even at difficult moments. When facing a challenge, I want to focus on achieving a positive outcome, rather than anticipating defeat. Changing myself  from a pessimistic person to an optimistic person isn’t always easy but I will hold on to what God says in Philippians 4:13  "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."

~ Miss Bikini Philippines 2012 Abbygale Monderin (Philippines)

~oOo~   ~oOo~   ~oOo~


      The answers of my respondents range from simple, to candid, to philosophical. My warmest and sincerest thanks to all of you for responding to my impromptu question. For those whose answers did not make it for one reason or another, thank you still, and this should not prevent you from continuing to answer my question for your own personal reflection. And for the rest of you my dear readers, try answering it too!

To all my friends and followers, thank you and I wish you all a Happy and Blessed New Year!
                                                               



No comments:

Post a Comment