Monday, December 24, 2018

Not in Good Hands.....with Metrobank






You’re in good hands..........with Metrobank.

Well, I beg to disagree.

Your blogger is a Metrobank credit card holder since October 2013, and I couldn’t quite believe that it has been five years by this time. Five years of mostly using it for grocery shopping, and of course, five years of paying my monthly credit card dues.

I didn’t know that my card already expired until I used it many days ago.

I passed by the grocery one night before heading home. After picking up some items I headed to the cashier and confidently handed my credit card to pay for my purchase.  And then this: lo and behold, the cashier informed me that my card already expired! So I checked my card and realized that indeed it already expired last October. I panicked a bit since I didn’t have much cash that time.

So how did I get out of such embarrassing situation?

Good thing I remembered that I have an ATM card that is a debit card at the same time (by Metrobank as well). So I pulled it out from my wallet and gave it to the cashier, and my transaction was processed much to my relief (thank God!). If I may add, it was my first time to use that debit card and hence, was a bit worried if it will work or not.

So what is the point of telling this narrative?

I am disappointed. Not really because I was not able to use my credit card, but because Metrobank didn’t care to send me a new one prior to the expiration date. I am not a banker but common sense tells me that a new card should have been sent prior to the expiration date (as what other banks do).

And so one Saturday I contacted Metrobank’s customer service hotline (which took me forever!). After several attempts, I was finally able to get hold of a phone banker and asked her about the status of my card, since I haven’t received my new card I told her. To summarize our conversation, there was an attempt to deliver my new card but for some reason it didn’t get through. I remember receiving a text from Metrobank informing me of failure of delivery. I told the phone banker that other attempts should have been made to make sure that my new card will be delivered.

The only assurance I got is that she will file a request for replacement. But as to when I will have it, she didn’t have any idea whatsoever.

I am telling to my self now that if not for the call I made, then Metrobank will not do anything about it.

My message for Metrobank is that you could have called or texted to inform me of my new card and of some arrangements on how I can get it since there was failure in delivering it the first time, the way you call me repeatedly to inform me that my statement of account is nearing its due date and that this and this is the amount that I have to pay.

If you can call me about my utang, then you could have also called me about my new card.

I know that this is one small and isolated incident, but more than enough to debunk their advertising tagline or slogan.


To end, I am not in good hands..........with Metrobank.





 

1 comment:

  1. Disatistied customers can influence a network of friends and even a community tbrough a testimony of a bad experience...word if mouth. Advertisers pay a handsome amount to promote products and services but they should also pay attention to evaluate tbeir services ..if indeed they are living up to their ads.kung sa akin nangyari yan "Plastic surgery" agad yan..i will cut my card..literally

    ReplyDelete