Tuesday, September 15, 2015

THE ARROGANT MANAGER AT MCDONALD'S







Yesterday, after some deliberation with a colleague as to where to have lunch, we ended up at McDonald’s Metro Anonas. Since it was lunch break, all counters were quite packed with customers, and we simply found ourselves falling in line at the counter nearest to us.


While waiting for our turn to order, I noticed the manager getting agitated since there were already many people queuing up. He even reminded a crew member that she already has a long line of customers, at the top of his voice (“Tina ang haba na ng pila mo.”).


After some while the manager approached me and took my order. As per my recollection, our conversation transpired like this (though not the exact dialogue, it will somehow give you an idea as to how it went):


Manager:    Ano po order niyo?
Me:              Take out na ala king and regular fries
Manager:    Ala carte po ba?
Me:              Yung with rice
Manager:    Rice at may Coke?
Me:              Yes
Manager:    So hindi siya ala carte. Ayun po yung tinatanong ko.
                     Meal po yun, yung letter A.
Me:              Ah sige po pasensya na po!


The bone of contention was his confusion over whether my order was ala carte (by piece), or a meal, which irritated him to the heavens. Looking back, I perfectly understand that Mr. Manager was just being accurate with his order taking.


But what did not sit well with me was his manner of talking to me. He was arrogant, impatient, and discourteous. I felt like a dull and lowly individual being taught about something.


I was stunned with the shabby treatment coming from a store or branch manager no less. My reaction would have been entirely different had he discussed the matter in a pleasant manner. 


Where did his customer service skills go?


I had to let it out. And so I asked the lady crew member at the counter if he is the manager - she answered in the affirmative. I then I told her “arrogante at bastos siya kumuha ng order”.


To you Mr. Manager, you do not deserve to be in a customer service oriented industry if you metamorphose into an impatient individual whenever you are agitated and stressed.


May God bless your soul.



1 comment: