Monday, October 6, 2014

A Simple Suggestion to Globe







Maybe about 2 months ago, I received a text from an unknown number, informing me that Globe is in the process of upgrading my plan. The instruction further said that I have to text 500 to a certain number, in order to cancel the upgrading.

Since it was late in the evening and my lethargic body already in bed, I did not bother to scrutinize the text message. I also panicked a bit since I didn’t want that plan upgrade thing. So I texted 500 to the number that was indicated…..

After a short while, I received a message that I have successfully shared a load of P500 to the number that texted me. I knew already that I was scammed, but something tells me that it could just be a hoax . State of denial, eh?

The only time that I was more than certain that I was scammed was when I received my monthly bill. Lo and behold, the statement indicated that I indeed shared a load to the tune of P500. I was a bit furious, since my bill amounted to more than P800!

I initially thought of excluding that P500 in the amount that I will pay. But at the same time, my head warns me that I will be incurring a balance, and will still have to pay for it in the next billing periods just the same. 

So I had no choice but to pay for it.

Since then, I have been receiving similar texts. But I knew better this time. I simply ignored such texts from unscrupulous unicellular organisms.

My advice for Globe is to conduct or send a verification text every time a subscriber will attempt to share a load to others. In this manner, we have to option to say NO once we have learned that we are being fooled or scammed.

This is just a very simple suggestion to Globe that will surely earn the delight of its loyal subscribers. So my request to you my dear readers is to share this article so that hopefully, this humble suggestion reaches Globe, and other networks as well.

One need not be a rocket scientist to come up with such suggestion.

Please click share if you care..... 



No comments:

Post a Comment