Saturday, November 17, 2012

Let's All Go to Shakey's




Let’s all go to Shakey’s…….

        Shakey’s’ commercial jingle for its latest TVC, I must say, is very catchy and palatable to the ears. The more that I hear it on the radio and see the ad on TV, the more that I like and appreciate it. The song or jingle has a nice beat to it, which makes me melodiously suffer from what we call as “LSS” or last song syndrome. But this is just the tip of the iceberg. Listening to the song triggers my brain to make that proverbial trip down memory lane.

        When I was in Grade 9, I vividly remember having celebrated my birthday at its Katipunan branch, the one nearest our school. It was during lunch break that I invited some of my classmates to ride the jeep and go to have lunch there. We arranged and occupied a long table and the celebrant sat at the far end of it (kabisera). We all had a sumptuous lunch of pizza and other goodies. Whether they were satisfied or not, I did not have a clue. It was just a very simple celebration and cost me a little over a thousand moolah if memory serves me right. The celebration lasted for a little over an hour I think, just in time for our next class.

        There are three things that I am always reminded of about Shakey’s – rattan chairs, large pitcher of root beer, and mojos. Of course, the rattan chairs have already been replaced with modern ones. Pitchers will always be permanent fixtures on tables of those who love sodas. And the mojos I am sure will forever be on the menu to beef up our appetite. What I noticed about their mojos now though, is that they are not as flavorsome as before. But they have dips now to make up for it. 

            And how can we forget their thin crust pizzas of which Shakey’s is very famous for? I particularly like their Manager’s Choice, High Protein, and Pepperoni Crunch. Hungry now? Then…….


 Let’s all go to Shakey’s!


No comments:

Post a Comment